Why work at 10 Degrees?
Our business is about providing digital solutions. We all love solving problems (whatever our role). We’re very clear about our shared values (Skilful, Transparent, Empathetic, Ethical, Reliable), in everything we say and do. We work together – everything we achieve results from the combined contributions of our team – to provide a quality client-focussed service.
We are a technical development agency, we won’t compromise technical performance for aesthetics. Our five core production principles underpin the way we approach all our work: accessibility and inclusivity; carbon impact; best practice coding; performance and security.
We are a small agency with a big heart and put an emphasis on an open, honest and transparent approach to business and prioritising the wellbeing of our team members.
About the role
This is a critical role that will pull together every aspect of our business. The core of the role will be to ensure that our projects are well-defined and delivered on time and to budget by managing the project team’s scheduling and understanding client expectations.
You will be working closely with all members of our team, engaging, motivating and challenging us to achieve our best. Flexible working can be offered for this role, but you must be able to regularly commute to our Wokingham office.
How you’ll help our business:
- Ensure client projects are delivered within the time required to make the project profitable and to the highest quality
- Participate in communications with the client and document requirements
- Ensuring the project team’s efficiency and effectiveness so that projects are delivered on time and within budget, including scheduling of team members and making prioritisation decisions
- Keeping track of timings, milestones, budgets and resources across all projects daily
- Creatively solve problems including foreseeing and solving problems around delivery issues
- Be the main point of contact between the team and clients during projects. Liaising between the project team (strategy/design/development/QA) and project stakeholders; fostering quality and clear communication between disciplines
- Ensure quality control on the projects that you manage
- Set and manage clear boundaries in projects
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
You display the personal characteristics represented in our company values of being skilful, transparent, empathetic, ethical and reliable. You are self-sufficient and a problem-solver, who is happy to work independently, but want to feel part of a team.
You are an experienced project manager with an in-depth understanding of software development projects. You are familiar with both waterfall and agile project management methods and are happy to adapt to both (or something in between!) according to business needs. You have a detailed understanding of enterprise-level WordPress solutions and Laravel apps, allowing you to understand project scope to prioritise requirements and manage client expectations. You have worked with Jira, Confluence and Tempo or other similar software. You are an excellent communicator who knows how to adapt their communication style to suit the audience. You know how to share goals effectively with a team and motivate team members to achieve them. You’re passionate about developing excellent client relationships.
You take pride in your work and want to work somewhere with integrity that is continually evolving and gives you the opportunity to grow within it. You’re ready to take on the challenge of carving out a brand new role and making your mark.
What we’d like to offer you:
*Following lockdown, we have returned to our Wokingham office on a hybrid-basis and are working through the details of how we will work as a team going forward.
We have our own Talent and Culture Manager and do not wish to be approached by other recruitment agencies at this time. Yes, even you, I know you think you’re different from all the others, but no.