Why work at 10 Degrees?
We are a creative team of skilful professionals who take pride in developing solutions to problems that address business needs and who care about the world we live in. We enjoy working collaboratively and providing quality client-focussed service, using the best skills from across the team to meet business needs.
Founded in 2009 by our Technical Director, Jonny, our first team member joined in 2014 and we have seen steady growth ever since. We are a small agency with a big heart and put a big emphasis on an open, honest and transparent approach to business and prioritising the wellbeing of our team members.
About the role
We have ambitious growth plans and are looking for a new finance manager to help facilitate that growth by taking our day to day financial responsibilities to the next level and help drive decision making in the business.
This is a varied role supporting all areas of the business’ financial needs. This role needs an all-rounder who is happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck into day to day transactions; who wants to be an integral part of business decision making; strives for continual improvement and is excited about being part of company going through an ambitious transformation.
You will be working 20 hours a week with flexibility as to how/when they are worked, balanced alongside the requirements of financial deadlines. The role will be based in our Wokingham office with opportunity for hybrid working.
How you’ll help our business:
- Manage all day to day financial operations including bookkeeping, invoicing and other financial transactions and admin
- Own our month end process, preparation of monthly management accounts and all financial reporting
- Ensure all our statutory obligations are met re. HMRC, including preparation of annual accounts (VAT, PAYE, P11Ds)
- Manage our monthly payroll, issue P60s and P45s, administer our company pension scheme
- Sales invoices, WIP reporting and revenue recognition accounting
- Proactively manage our credit control – build relationship with finance counterparts within our clients
- Manage the set up of client direct debit payments via GoCardless
- Manage our cashflow, bank reconciliations, prepare payment runs
- Manage our fixed asset register, deprecation and other journals
- Improve and maintain forecasts across all financial
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Provide ad hoc financial information to the directors to support commercial decision making about the growth of the business
You display the personal characteristics represented in our company values of being skilful, transparent, empathetic, ethical and reliable. We are a small, close team working in a collaborative environment. It is vital that you are self-sufficient and a problem-solver, as you will work independently.
- Min 3 years experience in a similar finance management role
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation within the UK and proactively keep abreast of changes
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good time management skills and workload management
- Systems orientated with excellent IT skills
- You want to be part of a team and contribute to the positive culture within the business.
- Hands-on experience with Xero – we want you to be our Xero expert
- Experience of Go Cardless & ReceiptBank/Dext
- Agency or software development sector experience
- Experience with R&D tax credits
- Experience using Macs and Google workspace and other collaborative tools
You take pride in your work and want to work somewhere with integrity that is continually evolving and gives you the opportunity to grow within it.
What we’d like to offer you:
*Following lockdown, we have started working from our Wokingham office on a hybrid-basis and are working through the details of how we will work as a team going forward.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
10 Degrees is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our team, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Read more.
We do not wish to be approached by recruitment agencies at this time. Yes, even you, I know you think you’re different from all the others, but no.