Why work at 10 Degrees?
We are a creative team of skilful professionals who take pride in developing solutions to problems that address business needs and who care about the world we live in. We enjoy working collaboratively and providing quality client-focussed service, using the best skills from across the team to meet business needs.
Founded in 2009 by our Technical Director, Jonny, our first team member joined in 2014 and we have seen steady growth ever since. We are a small agency with a big heart and put a big emphasis on an open, honest and transparent approach to business and prioritising the wellbeing of our team members.
About the role
This is a varied role supporting all areas of the business’ financial needs. The core of this role is transactional and requires someone who loves to complete and maintain records with high levels of accuracy to deliver excellent financial service for the company.
You will be working 20 hours a week with flexibility as to how/when they are worked, balanced alongside the requirements of financial deadlines. The role will be based in our Wokingham office with opportunities to work from home once established in the role.
How you’ll help our business:
- General bookkeeping and administration in Xero
- Reconcile bank statements
- Run month end journals
- Manage fixed asset register
- Process expense claims
- Handling all the enquiries in the accounts email inbox
- Maintain forecasts
- Manage the raising of invoices from WIP reporting and project status information
- Proactive credit control – build relationship with finance counterparts within our clients
- Manage setting up / cancelling client direct debit payments via GoCardless
- Schedule and prepare payment runs
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Issue purchase orders
- Run monthly payroll in Xero
- Prepare and issue P60s, P11Ds and P45s, responding to any queries
- Administer our pension scheme
- Manage payroll queries with the team
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Monthly dashboard reporting
You display the personal characteristics represented in our company values of being skilful, transparent, empathetic, ethical and reliable. We are a small, close team working in a collaborative environment. It is vital that you are self-sufficient and a problem-solver, as you will work independently.
You are a financial professional (AAT, QBE , or equivalent) and a Xero expert. You are fully up to date with UK GAAP and accounting standards and proactively keep yourself abreast of changes. You’re an excellent communicator (you know the right things to say and how to say them), with a love of spreadsheets (specifically google sheets) and excellent time management skills. Experience of GoCardless and ReceiptBank/Dext would be helpful.
You take pride in your work and want to work somewhere with integrity that is continually evolving and gives you the opportunity to grow within it.
What we’d like to offer you:
*Following lockdown, we have started working from our Wokingham office on a hybrid-basis and are working through the details of how we will work as a team going forward.
We have our own Talent and Culture Manager and do not wish to be approached by other recruitment agencies at this time. Yes, even you, I know you think you’re different from all the others, but no.