Why work at 10 Degrees?
Our business is about providing digital solutions. We all love solving problems (whatever our role). We’re very clear about our shared values (Skilful, Transparent, Empathetic, Ethical, Reliable), in everything we say and do. We work together – everything we achieve results from the combined contributions of our team – to provide a quality client-focussed service.
We are a technical development agency, we won’t compromise technical performance for aesthetics. Our five core production principles underpin the way we approach all our work: accessibility and inclusivity; low carbon impact; best practice coding; performance and security.
We are a small agency with a big heart and put an emphasis on an open, honest and transparent approach to business and prioritising the wellbeing of our team members.
During 2023 we are looking to scale the business and double the team size. We’re looking for the right new team members to help us achieve that, who want to be an active part of helping make that happen.
About the role
This role will complement our existing team of Developers who fulfil the delivery requirements for all our client projects. The core of the role will be to ensure that the front-end of the digital product does everything the user needs while the back-end is easy to navigate at the same time as being delivered on time and to budget.
You will have discrete responsibility for delivering assigned project tasks, as well as the opportunity to work closely with other members of our team to ensure we deliver the best products using our combined skills. Roles are flexible/hybrid UK based, but you must be able to regularly commute to our Wokingham office.
Our tech stack:
- Headless CMSs
- API driven web apps
- OO PHP
- CSS / SASS / Tailwind
How you’ll help our business:
- Create quality digital products for our clients that are accessible, performant, secure and with a low carbon impact, by using best practice coding and processes.
- Write well structured, object oriented code
- Architect and build WordPress plugins and themes using Block Editor
- Architect and build custom Laravel apps
- Produce front-end work accurately to artwork
- Test features thoroughly in different browsers and environments
- Integrate with external APIs
- Create and maintain MySQL databases
- Carry out code refactoring and optimisation of existing code
- Document technical approach and code so other developers can understand and contribute to it
- Deliver assigned project tasks
- Participate in project kick off and review meetings
- Peer review colleagues’ code and proactively provide constructive feedback to maintain our quality assurance process
- Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages
- Share your knowledge of new trends and advancements in web development
You display the personal characteristics represented in our company values of being skilful, transparent, empathetic, ethical and reliable. You are self-sufficient and a problem-solver, who is happy to work independently, but want to feel part of a team.
You’re a team player who wants to be part of, and contribute to, a fun and positive working culture. You value the relationship building and real-life interaction that a hybrid environment provides. You want to work at a company with ambitious growth plans and be a key part of the decision making that enables that growth.
You take pride in your work and want to work somewhere with integrity that is continually evolving and gives you the opportunity to grow within it.
- Proven experience working in a similar role
- Proven experience with WordPress Block Editor
- Proficiency with modern development workflow including experience with version control systems and build tools (e.g. Webpack, Mix, npm, Composer)
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships with clients and team members
- Ability to manage a complex range of tasks, colleague expectations and meet deadlines
- Passion for user experience
- Personal alignment to our company values
- Commercial experience working in an agency environment
- WooCommerce experience (custom templates, checkouts and products)
- Commercial experience with Laravel
- Test driven development experience
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Tempo
- Experience creating new APIs
- Knowledge of WCAG standards
What we’d like to offer you:
- Competitive industry salary of £35,000-£45,000 FTE, subject to experience and skillset
- Eligibility for our bonus scheme based on company performance
- Flexible working 37.5 hour week
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Our flexible benefits package, designed to let you choose what is most valuable to you, including: enhanced employer pension contributions, personal or family health care
- Perks for discounted memberships, shopping, special offers
- Cycle to work and electric vehicle schemes
- Monthly team recognition awards
- Talent attraction reward scheme
- A relaxed, but professional, friendly working environment
- Personal development plan and training
- An active work social calendar
We do not wish to be approached by recruitment agencies at this time. Yes, even you, I know you think you’re different from all the others, but no.